The Kidde K10SCO provides both smoke and carbon monoxide detection from one space-saving unit, and is backed by a 10 year warranty. Powered by 2 x AA alkaline batteries, this combined alarm effectively detects smoke with its optical sensor and uses an electrochemical sensor for deadly carbon monoxide which is undetectable by all human senses. Featuring voice alerts, the alarm will announce either 'FIRE! FIRE!' or 'WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!' depending on which danger has been detected, combined with an alarm beep sequence. If replacing an older model (10SCO), this unit will fit on the existing baseplate.
|Alternative Product Codes||K10SCO, 10SCO, KE10SCO|
2 x AA Alkaline Batteries (Included)
45 x 145mm
LED status indicators
Up to 90% RH (non-condensing)
Wall or Ceiling
-10°C to +40°C
CO : Electrochemical
85dB at 3 metres
5% to 95% RH (non-condensing)
-20°C to +60°C
Every Kidde KEK10SCO is supplied with the following components.
|Product Code: KEK10SCO||
More than 20 in stock Expected dispatch: 5th Dec
£26.40 inc VAT
£22.00 ex VAT
The following delivery options are available on this product.
5 customers have given this product an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5
Rating: 5 / 5 Stars
Reviewed by: S B
Great product The Go-To product due to its functionality.
Published on: 27th October 2023
Rating: 4 / 5 Stars
Reviewed by: J C
Does the job replacing same make so very easy to install
Published on: 22nd October 2023
Rating: 5 / 5 Stars
Reviewed by: F H
These are perfect cus they talk to you so you no if it%u2019s Fire or carbon monoxide
Published on: 21st October 2023
Many people are unaware of the devastating effects of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon Monoxide has no colour, smell or taste and cannot be detected by the human senses. It is extremely dangerous, binding itself to the haemoglobin in red blood cells and preventing them from transporting oxygen around the body.
According to statistics released by the Office for National Statistics, throughout England and Wales, there are an average of over 60 deaths every year due to accidental exposure to carbon monoxide - up to 45% of which occur in the home.
Figures from the Department of Health and Social Care show that there are around 4000 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning treated in A&E Departments across England each year - even mild cases can exacerbate existing conditions such as respiratory illnesses, leading to fatalities.
According to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for England, around 200 per year are hospitalised in England and Wales as a result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
A study of more than 27,000 properties by the Liverpool John Moores University, supported by the Merseyside and West Midlands Fire Services, found that less than 10% of homes have a single carbon monoxide alarm to protect occupants from this deadly gas.
Source: Liverpool John Moores University